The nonpartisan Legislative Council supports effective lawmaking by:
- Providing staff services to standing committees of the Legislature, including the Joint Committee on Legislative Organization and the Joint Committee on Employment Relations;
- Providing staff services to study committees created by the Joint Legislative Council;
- Serving as the Rules Clearinghouse by preparing reports on all proposed administrative rules and assisting standing committees in their oversight of the administrative rulemaking process;
- Preparing informational publications for Legislators and the public; and
- Responding to information and legal and policy research requests from legislators, other legislative service agencies, and legislative staff.